Monday, August 26, 2013

My Version of a Fainting Couch

A fainting couch is a backless couch that typically has one end raised, against which a person can recline. This type of couch might have been made before the 19th century, but the term "fainting-couch" wasn’t commonly used until the 19th century. Fainting couches were made for women, especially because so many women in the 1800s wore corsets. A tight corset kept a woman almost breathless, making it much more likely that she would faint. Some homes and hotels even had fainting rooms, where women could catch their breath on these couches.

Here is what the couches looked like:
Here are some ring holders I founded at Ross. There are in the shape of the 18th Century fainting-couch.
Now, here is the way I decorated one of these couches:
I hope that you like the way I altered this couch.

By the way these couch was only $3.99.  I just love altering things that I find.
So from this day to that day, have fun altering, coloring, cutting and all the things we do.  Until the next time.
 photo signature3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment